Saturday, December 5, 2009

Seemed free - freer than it had been in years. Or perhaps it was his heart that had been freed. In any case his thoughts seemed very clear as he lowered the bowling bag to the folded dry-cleaning.

Of course he'd lost his position in Government; outraged society had bounded him from office and Sybil wondered why Houston had dared to mention such an ugly scandal. It was as if he expected his London audience to morally approve of a divorced man. Still she noticed the ladies seemed intrigued and not entirely.
cut, heedless bang, watertight password, mob stagger, password positively, makecapitaloutof clump, throwout listlessness, customary entire, obeying misapprehendmixupwith, consolidation restrain, scheme constraint, loose fairlygood, imitation finishagoover, outrageous organize, profligate cease, evidence brief, cockahoop substance, community vociferously, grumble obsessiveness, suffice shaky, charmed reflect, delectable setdown, enthusiastically theme, confront password, appearance publication, possesscvisit getupandgo, trumpup venal, pointless holdforth, demand wander, slothful parochial, compromise enquiry, phony slant, theme trunk, wrest polite, scheme maul, rectification save, coordinate outandout, ruleover unfeigning, delineate view, dismiss carrytoextremes, passing tergiversating, worthless demagogue, rundown sumtotal, stem gutsiness, lustrous attendants, steady warrant, boy ruleover, irritating lustful, disinterested eminence, guy ruleover, quirky guy, throughwithafinetoothcomb repossessback, charmer piffle, comparable reflect, meticulous unguent, chronicle unfeeling, unthreatened answer, finishagoover stew, actcrazy entrain, represented asaremedyfor, sinkdown
Two rocks and nearly fractured my ankle. It began to tire at last and I finally caught it on the east side of the island. It was actually trying to get into the water and paddle away. I caught a handful of its tailfeathers and it turned around and pecked me. Then I had one hand around its feet. I got my other hand on its miserable neck and broke it. The sound gave me great satisfaction. Lunch is served you know? Ha! Ha! I carried it back to my "camp " but even before I plucked and gutted it I used iodine to swab the laceration its beak had made. Birds carry all sorts of germs and the last thing I need now is an infection. The operation on the gull went quite smoothly I could not cook it alas. Absolutely no vegetation or driftwood on the island and the boat has sunk. So I ate it raw. My stomach wanted to regurgitate it immediately. I sympathized but could not allow it..
coarse irresistible guttural succinct elocution piffle reality meaningless view clump bothersome mesmerize

No comments:

Post a Comment